Saturday, September 11, 2010

Classes Update

Hola again - I come back after a brief writing break with lots to tell you. However, it's easier for me to break up entries into multiple posts for picture uploading purposes ...

Wednesday and Thursday during the day I again had class which I attended and even enjoyed. My Art and History class are actually paralleling each other nicely because they are both following the history of Spain from the beginning. (meaning we learned about the art from the period of history that we just covered earlier in the week). My literature class was noticeably smaller (presumably after people saw the class's thick packet). However, it's still great! ***We now take a break for a nerdy English major moment, feel free to skip to the next paragraph if bored. GUESS WHAT! I finally got to read a true Italian sonnet!! (in Spanish) but following all the rules that Italian sonnets written in English ignore. Let me explain. In school, I've always learned that in Italian sonnets every line must have exactly 11 syllables. This is super hard in English and the rule is always ignored. However, because of Spanish's similarity to Italian this rule can be upheld and IS in the sonnets by Juan Boscan that we read for class on Thursday. It was so exciting when we were going over this in class - cause it was in this moment that forever-ignored rule clicked in my head and it was awesome ... how this moment translates to you via this blog entry I cannot say, but for me is was SO COOL!***

Also on Tuesday I did Yoga again in my room before class. I'd just like to say that my Yoga experience is enhanced by the sights and sounds of the garden and neighborhood (chirpy birds and Spanish chatter). Also, I'm getting better at yoga :) I spent Wednesday evening reading Spanish literature and turning in early.


No comments:

Post a Comment