Friday, November 19, 2010

Spain Again & Saying Goodbye

Monday, while Suzanne had classes, I struck out on my own and traveled by bus to the city of Toledo. Perched atop a tall hill (with the bus station alllll the way at the bottom) it was a great day trip. I saw a beautiful cathedral and a museum. Not to mention more swords and knives than I have ever seen in my life. Mostly though I wandered the narrow streets and explored, popping in and out of shops and stopping for coffee. I made my way back to Madrid and finished up the last of my souvenir shopping, including getting my very own pooping nativity figurine (see previous post). For some reason there were a lot more living statue people out on Monday. My favorite was when I saw a guy dressed as Charlie Chaplin talking to a fat man in a Spider Man costume. I tried to get a picture but they parted ways before I could get one. When I met back up with Suzanne we went to a bar and had a final dinner of tapas and sangria. It was a great end to a great trip. After dinner it was back to Elena’s to finish packing for the return.

On Tuesday we headed out for the airport laden down with many a souvenir. My bag was just a taaad overweight when I got there. If anyone asks, three bottles of wine weighs about 8 pounds. And with a sad goodbye and reassurances that it wouldn’t be too much longer till we saw each other again, Suzanne and I parted ways. And that brings us to the present.

It was a funderful trip and I’m glad I got to go. Arrivederci amici.
-Patrick, signing off

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing your travels with us, Patrick :) Loved the conversation transcript from the over-heard airport as well!

    The days are dwindling, Suzanne! Everyone's so excited to have you home <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just think... pretty soon we'll get to say "hello!" Love Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys!! I promise I won´t waste my last days here ... but I miss you all tons and can´t wait to see you:)

    ReplyDelete