Monday, November 15, 2010

Bad News Blogs

So ... I´ve got good news and bad news. Let´s do the good news first. I had a wonderful weekend in Lisbon last week and Milan this weekend. Great travels, lots to share with you ...

But now sharing will be a little slower in coming. Yesterday, my computer (that has served me faithfully with no problems for 3 years) died. At least not it won´t turn on beyond a blue screen. I could take it into a computer store and try to work through a language barrier (I know little Spanish about couputers). But, I have info on that computer that I don´t want to risk so I will probably not take it anywhere except an apple store when I get back to the states.

This means: 3 weeks of word-processing and working completely on campus. As I have three papers (24 pages) to write for the final week I am a little distressed. However, I can only manage my time and hope to finish it all. However, my stress levels are rising.

Also, I am going to probably feel most homesick these last three weeks as my main comunication (Skype) has essentially died as well. I can only skype in wireless with my phone now, so I will seek out wireless that I can use of campus if possible. Why couldn´t this problem have waited three weeks??? I miss you all terribly and feel that this computer crash has horrible timing. I´d appreciate any words of encouragement that you have to offer me.

So, I will try to update you on my travels as much as I can ... but no guarantees. Signing off. S

4 comments:

  1. Words of encouragement :) Enjoy your last night with PP. See if he wouldn't mind calling, e-mailing or texting us when he gets home. Love, Your #1 fan. <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Suzanne! Think of it this way: You get to build up all that suspense and let it build and build and build and build and build until it's finally RELEASED when you get back and get to see everyone! If you're lucky, you might even forget what we look like and get to be surprised all over again by how gorgeous (and handsome) all your friends are! Sheesh. I wish my computer would die and I could be so lucky. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Mom! MISS YOU. He´s home safe as you know. Sorry I didn´t get this earlier (I´m not as prompt at checking my commnets - but I do LOVE getting them) <3

    Claire, I miss your face (at least I think I do). And thanks for that positive spin. It is very impressive actually lol

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hang in there, love! :) Claire's got a point about the wonderful surprises that await you after such separation. Don't stress, dear. Everything's going to work out beautifully, and if there is any one who excels at time management, it's YOU!
    Can't wait to see you :)

    ReplyDelete