Saturday, December 4, 2010

Well I'm Bummed :(

I have sad news my friends. I did not have the pleasure of spending the day with my wonderful friend Kaleb. His flight was indeed cancelled. Stupid strike. What was worse (for both of us) was that they cancelled it 15 minutes before departure. He took the train from Avignon to the airport in Marseilles, went through security and everthing just so that (15 muintes before borading) they could cancel the flight ... ¡Qué PENA! Plus, because of limited inter-country communication while in Europe, I then went to the airport and waited for a bit before asking an official about his flights. He told me that Ryanair had cancelled everything (even if the board still said it was flying). So we both returned home sad not to be spending the weekend together. Boo!!! But, at the very least I we have the pleasure of returning to the US to the same place and we can see each other next semester.

So today, after our flight fiasco, Lindsay and I met up. We made a final trip to the Corte Ingles. Then we met up with John and did some Geocaching!!! For those of you who are not familiar with this very fun passtime I shall breifly. To geocache you must have a GPS. Then you log onto geocaching.com where you can find information on caches. People have hidden these caches all over the world. Caches are usually a small box or film canister. Sometimes they have things in them but they might just have a log to sign. The main fun of geocaching is not in what you find but in the act of finding itself! This website then has the GPS coordinates where each cache is located and usually information about the location (and sometimes a few hints about how to find it). It is really fun - believe me! And today we found three!!! When I went to the Czech Republic in May 2009, I geocached with friends. So I have now been caching in 3 countries. Woo-hoo!

After this we took John to Cortilandia because he hadn't seen it. Then we went to a bar for drinks and reflective chatting on our last night as a trio. Finally, we considered seeking out Chocolate con Churros but it was cold and places were crowded so John and I might do that tomorrow. All in all, the day was certaintly not a waste, but I wish I could have spent it with Kaleb. Thus are the pains of this crisis .... but I wish that it wouldn't mess up the travel plans of my friends! I am now hoping that the Marist group flies tomorrow without too many problems. My thoughts are with them. Meanwhile, I am going to enjoy my last two days in the city ... oh how short a time that is! Besos.

No comments:

Post a Comment