Thursday, October 28, 2010

Library coughing Paris!

So, another week in Spain is almost over. Time is moving with strange jumps and stops that are difficult to explain. To help you think in my calendar, this week I started working some on my final course papers (of which I have three).

This week I met with professors and armed with their advice I set out to the library (a building I had visited twice before but never used). I successfully found one book on St. Teresa de Jesus (a Spanish mystic poet). The organization is rather different here and I have no idea what library system of organization they use. The call number for this book was S N TER MIS (S- Not sure, N - Novellas, TER MIS - abbreviation of the title). However the call number for my second book was H/N P JUA SAN. After asking a few helpful people I was told that H/N referred to another library in a building across campus. I would need to check out and then go there for this other book. I checked out two books (Santa Teresa and a Paris travel book - more info later) and then headed across campus. There I successfully found my second book (another on mystic poetry). It was an adventure and I had some nerdy fun learning how to find things in a different library - Now, my goal is to put those books to use and hopefully make a dent on those papers!

Tuesday I had the misfortune of developing a small cough that became a bigger cough and now is a bigger cough that is dying down (thank goodness!).

I am glad to be feeling better, because tomorrow morning I leave to catch an important flight. We have a long weekend (Nov 1st is All Saints' Day) so I am border hopping to spend the weekend in Paris! I am incredibly excited (having never been to Paris and always wanted to go). I hope to hit all the major sites and also enjoy the Chocolate Festival that Paris will host this weekend. My excitement could not even be dampened by all the striking that is making the news. Happily, our flight seems to have dodged the "cancelled" bullet and we are set to fly out tomorrow. I of course will be careful and promise not to join any angry French protesters, and hopefully our weekend will not be negatively affected by striking. However, the protests seem to be dying down for the moment, which I would appreciate - at least for the weekend. I'll be traveling with Lindsay and John to Paris and, once there, we are meeting Kaleb (from Stetson, studying in Avignon) and a friend from his program.

So, I leave you for the weekend but with the promise of many stories to tell when I return. Hasta el lunes :)

1 comment: